Obtaining an echocardiogram is a complex procedure with a need for constant enhancement and improvement of skills in the area for both ultrasound technician and physician. Owing to the increasing complexity of the echocardiogram and its interpretation, upon which patient care heavily relies, various professional bodies have been introducing competency exams.This unique book has been designed to assist new trainees as well as more experienced technicians and physicians in preparing for competency exams for certification purposes. It provides easy-to-use revision material in the form of multiple-choice questions with clearly explained answers.
- Unique approach to echocardiography in a question and answer format; the questions are predominantly case studies
- Features 400 questions with answers and explanations. The scope of the questions in the book is broad, including areas such as applied ultrasound physics, haemodynamics, valvular problems, ischaemic heart disease, congenital heart diseases, intraoperative or surgical echocardiography, pericardial diseases and cardiac masses.
- Excellent for test preparation
- Easy to read and understand
- Complements standard textbook reading
- Written by experienced academic echocardiographers involved in teaching echocardiography every day
- Over 200 still images enhance the learning process
From the Back CoverObtaining an echocardiogram is a complex procedure, for which ultrasound technicians and physicians need to constantly enhance and improve their skills. This book supplements echocardiography textbooks by providing straightforward test preparation materials, specifically designed to help in preparing for Board Review exams.Structured in a question and answer format, with case studies throughout, the book promotes interactive learning and strengthens the reader’s understanding of the topic. Difficult concepts and important practical points are described in a straightforward manner.
The scope of the questions in the book is broad, including applied ultrasound physics, hemodynamics, valvular problems, ischemic heart disease, congenital heart diseases, intraoperative or surgical echocardiography, pericardial diseases and cardiac masses.